Author Topic: Old Hindu Sealing Stamp?  (Read 1252 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Old Hindu Sealing Stamp?
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:19:06 pm »
   O.k.  Here is one with a bit of a story for you.  My Lady collects Sealing Stamps, and I came accross this "Antique" one the other day.  Got it for $5.00 figured I got a deal and she could add it to her collection.  However One look at it a she sayS  "You can Sell that"   :o    ;D     Anyway figured before posting it, I would run it by you folks and see what comes of it.   Appears to be Copper at least the Handle part, the bottom with rust build up would appear to be steel maybe.  It was in the Aution as a Antique, not sure about that, I would at least say early Century.  It has a kind of spooky Hindu motif, not familiar with the Hindu gods, but does have a "Air" about it per say.  The lady thinks some kind of bad Jew Jew Kind of thing, Like maybe it was a seal of Sacrfice of something of a Hindu Church, Who knows for sure, Let see what you folks have to say.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Old Hindu Sealing Stamp?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 05:37:18 am »
I think you might be on to something with the Hindu idea. As soon as I saw it I was reminded of many statues/figures I've seen attributed to the Balinese.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 05:40:06 am »
Also, in jewelry Balinese beads are a very popular style......often referred to as Bali beads.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 06:50:46 am »
I can understand why your good Lady might not like it, in fact she took an immediate dislike to it, by all accounts.
Does it look as if it's ever been used? Any residue of any description on the 'stamp' end?
If you can identify it, then you could turn a nice profit and treat the Lady to one that she'd love!
 ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:37:15 am by mariok54 »