Author Topic: Adams Ironstone Dr. Syntaz plates??  (Read 2754 times)

drododdsnends

• View Profile
Adams Ironstone Dr. Syntaz plates??
« on: June 24, 2011, 02:07:53 pm »
Hi I came across these plates at the thrift store today and they looked interesting. There is 6 of them and I got them all. They say "Real English Ironstone EST 1657 England Micratex" Then Underneath it says The Tour of Dr. Syntax in search of Pituresque" THen has about 9, 3 leaf clovers at the end. around the rim seems to be some type of acorn/pinecone pattern.

In between each plate has a different name for the scene. They are as follows:

1. Doctor Syntax disputing his bill with the Landlady
2. Doctor Syntax drawing after Nature.
3. Doctor Syntax Bound to a Tree by Highwaymen
4. Doctor Syntax reading his tour
5. Doctor Syntax stopped by Highwaymen
6. Doctor Syntax sells Grizzle

I did some searching online and found some different things, but nothing that shows me what these could be worth. I can take more pictures if needed. Thanks for any and all help guys.

kysfinest

• View Profile

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Adams Ironstone Dr. Syntaz plates??
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:09:30 pm »
I would say that would be a GREAT price to get for the set.

FYI - These are not of the originals that are highly sought after.  As-always-advised - buyer be cautious....
"As might have been expected, when it was found that this china brought such large prices, counterfeiters set to work and made spurious copies of " Dr. Syntax telling the Bees," " Dr. Syntax painting a Portrait," "Dr. Syntax taking a Gentleman's House for an Inn. etc" This has, of course, made collectors very chary of buying any of these patterns, since it has lessened even the price of the genuine ones."  Old & Sold Site
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

drododdsnends

• View Profile
Re: Adams Ironstone Dr. Syntaz plates??
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »
Got the plates for $9! So i can live with that! Thanks guys!