Author Topic: Ernest Sohn Coffee Pot  (Read 2047 times)

galaxywomun

• View Profile
Ernest Sohn Coffee Pot
« on: August 06, 2011, 04:19:26 pm »
So today I found this coffee pot....

http://www.lushpad.com/ad_detail.php?id=7657

WITH a warming stand like this..

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ernest-sohn-walnut-lid-round-80838064

(I will post a pic later)  I can't find one together, how much do you think i can list it for on etsy??  thanks!

galaxywomun

• View Profile
Re: Ernest Sohn Coffee Pot
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 05:45:30 pm »
sorry for the quality.  really, really sorry : )  i figure i can list it at 79-119.  too steep>>??  i found a whole collector's page on ernest sohn.

galaxywomun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:39:47 pm »
it got appraised at 150-200 online.  i guess i just wonder about some of your experiences.  has anyone sold on etsy or ebay??  we are startiing an etsy shop, focused on mid century modern pieces and prob. have enough items to get started.  i have another piece priced at 225 (holt howard cozy kitten memo minder)  should i overprice, underprice??

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:27:58 pm »
    When I price on Ebay, I start at what I feel it is worth, based on looking on line, and then when I repost each time I drop my price until it reaches .99, then it get bumped in to the rummage pile.  Overall my profits are always better then I paid, and unsold items usually get paid for even if they go unsold.  Basically what I am saying, there is nothing wrong with pricing high, just be willing to drop the price when it goes unsold, and usually it will sell eventually.

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 06:53:00 am »
I buy on etsy. Undervalued items only. It takes a lot of searching but I have picked up some great stuff on there at a fraction of the worth (my opinion). If you know what you have and what it should sell for, I think etsy has lower fees. If you have something that you do not know what to price it at, I think the auction venue (eBay) is the way to go.

In order to sell in today's market, you need to be lower than your competition, have good stock or better, and be willing to negotiate a little. Sometimes shipping is a deal killer so being flexible on your price may help close the deal and still put a good profit in your wallet. Items with crazy shipping costs are really bad. I have seen some paper items that I know can be shipped First Class for $3 or less have a $10 shipping fee. That means that $7 is going to the purchase price of the item and now the deal doesn't look so good.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 01:05:39 pm »
Whatever venue you use to sell on,,I would search and see if any items like or similar to yours have actually sold !!  And don`t put too much faith in online appraisals !! What you want to know is not what an item may be worth if you can find a buyer,,you want to know what they are selling for right now !! If it were me I would price items according to what I had to pay for it plus any costs involved then add a reasonable profit. If your prices are lower than comparable items are started at,,you get more sales/bidders and stand to do well !! By keeping prices lower than the other sellers and actually selling items rather than putting a price that is above what most are going to pay,,given this economy, you will come out ahead and will move more of your inventory !! People will stop looking if your listings don`t change pretty fast !!  Think volume !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:51:31 pm »
Since you are selling it online for less than the online appraised value, you might provide a link to that so that the buyer can see the appraisal.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

galaxywomun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »
i got this answer from a Modish forum curator

Even though I've literally seen maybe a hundred+ of these coffee pots over the years, I don't recall the combination of that stand with that coffee pot, but I'm guessing it is likely that these could have come with that stand.