Author Topic: Old French Mustard Jar  (Read 1708 times)

Debulous

• View Profile
Old French Mustard Jar
« on: July 17, 2011, 03:03:40 pm »
My first post and it dumped it, shoot.  Okay, here I go again, hope I don't get timed out (newbie)- pics of my old french mustard jar, quite large, is about 6 inches high and about 3-1/2 for 4 inches across.  The glaze is crazed and crackled and it looks really old.  I've had it for over 20 years and can't remember where I got it, but I'm guessing a swap meet.  On the front is says Moutard d'antan au vinaigre fin FAUCHON PARIS.  On the bottom is says ceramique belgium with a rf in the middle (very faint impression only).  Look at my pics.  I cannot figure out the approximate value, could never find one listed anywhere.  Any ideas of how to find out or anyone have expertise here? Thanks!!

waywardangler

Re: Old French Mustard Jar
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:32:22 pm »
I do not know anything about the value but it has a very nice look to it. My wife uses items like this for flower (dried or fresh) arrangements. So if you find out it is not worth much, that hydrangea would look good in it.

Debulous

• View Profile
Re: Old French Mustard Jar
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:56:06 pm »
I was using it to hold some utensils in the kitchen for a while and then I thought, maybe I better not.  What if it's super duper old.  But I agree, hydrangeas would be lovely.