Author Topic: Sculpted fireplace from the Renaissance?  (Read 5343 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Sculpted fireplace from the Renaissance?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 01:15:45 pm »
Wow. Absolutely beautiful.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 01:18:14 pm »
Wow. Absolutely beautiful.
Speechless here....  Just stunning!!!!!!!!!

ETA:  Wait...  not so speechless after all!!  LOL  Since the doors are rounded at the top, it looks like a Tudor style home so Renaissance would be appropriate...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:21:12 pm by Oceans64 »
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 01:37:31 pm »
Looks like the surround is in at least 4 pieces,, but is that a crack in the upper part left ?? Gotta ask,,, is the house empty ?? I don`t see any personal items that make it look lived in !!

GLOCKCS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 02:14:23 pm »
Hey all... The "crack" in the upper left of that one picture is not a crack in the piece, but it is where that part was joined to the next part..its the same on the other side upper right.The house is undergoing a bit of restoration, as termites decided that it was okay to eat under the floorboards!! Soon my brother will be moving into the place. Can anyone put a piece like this in a price range as far as worth? I know that must be a very difficult question since you have only seen pictures and I know nothing significant about this.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 02:29:39 pm »
I wouldn`t try to guess at value !! I would spend a buck or two and get an expert appraisal if that is possible !! If for no other reason than insurance purposes !! You might think that damage to it would be difficult,, but you just never know !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 03:32:03 pm »
I agree. Here's an example of what fancy new ones can go for. Yours has the potential to be quite valuable, and probably well worth having an on-sight appraisal.

http://www.designthespace.com/Products/Antique-marble-mantels?gclid=COrX6M7U7akCFRJ6gwodVlDddw
Antiqueaholic in recovery

GLOCKCS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 09:33:18 am »
Alright, it looks like an onsight appraisal must happen. Thank you all so much for your time, and I will be sure to let you know what I find out.

Justin

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 10:32:18 am »
Thanks,, we would love to know what the appraiser says !!  Thanks for showing the fireplace surround !!  It is a beauty !!