Author Topic: Old wooden platter - numbered - help?  (Read 2309 times)

kidden6968

• View Profile
Old wooden platter - numbered - help?
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:49:26 pm »
I am not sure if anyone could guide me on this beautiful wooden tray.  I am trying to find some information.  It is round - about 13" diameter with a sort of leaf design around the rim.  There is a sticker on the back which says:  Patineret and a round emblem that says AARHUSTRAKUNST and below what looks like a building, the name Henry Nielsen.  Under the word "Patineret" are 2 boxes and in one marked N.R. it is hand numbered in pen with the number 213.   The box below is marked PRIS K.R. and unfortunately what was written there is long faded.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:09:53 pm by kidden6968 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old wooden platter - numbered - help?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 02:56:02 pm »
Please post pics of front and back and a closeup of the lettering. Its hard for us help without visual assistance !!  Many things that you may not think of could help with ID !!

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 03:00:53 pm »
Thank you for your reply.   I am charging camera battery now and trying to figure out why when I have tried to take a picture I get a horrible glare no matter what lighting or what room I choose.  Hopefully will have something posted soon.

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 05:11:05 pm »
Well I just added a picture of the tray or platter and the best I could do on the label.  I am not the best photographer but my camera was not auto focusing either.  Not sure these will help.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 12:08:11 am »
Apologies if you've already considered this, but does you camera have a macro function and have you tried using that for the close ups?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:16:11 am »
kunst is Art....art piece!   German or Danish.......

Would need clearer pic of label!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 03:26:15 am »
This tray actually belongs to a friend who is in a nursing home.  We came across it when cleaning out her apartment and I just realized that her grandmother's maiden name was Nielsen and she was Danish.  Hmmm interesting. In any case I will work on getting a clearer picture and will hopefully get it posted later today.  Thank you.

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 12:22:38 pm »
I have been away this week but finally started playing with the camera and found the macro setting.  Although these still aren't the best pictures, they are better than the ones I posted earlier.

If anyone has any information or guidance it would be appreciated.