Author Topic: Pair of Vintage Vinegar Cruet Bottles  (Read 2040 times)

lewmel

• View Profile
Pair of Vintage Vinegar Cruet Bottles
« on: July 27, 2011, 11:09:22 am »
Hi everyone,
Is anyone familiar with the 8 pointed star on these bottles? I just picked up the set with the vinegar bottles, s+p shakers and sugar bowl.  They all have the star on them.
I am trying to figure out the maker.
Thanks so much
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:22:15 am by lewmel »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Pair of Vintage Vinegar Cruet Bottles
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:53:29 pm »
Anchor Hockings Prescut, Cir 1970's

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:31:57 pm »
<giggling>

This AM, I made a bet with myself on how long and how specific IL could/would be in answering this.  I won!!  ;D  I also bet myself he wouldn't have to crack a book to find out...

I probably won that one too  ;D  :P  ;D
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:47:11 pm »
LOL,  Yea Anchor Hockings Prescut has become somewhat of a joke to me.  When I first started collecting Glassware, I would swear this pattern was a EAPG Pattern,  I bought so much of this pattern, and need less to say I still have lots of this pattern.  Anyone want some for free  ;D

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »
U 2 r a hoot!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »
I don`t know of a soul that has not had that pattern at one time or another !! I have had my share but not because I bought it !! It used to be in gift packs and I got a lot of it as gifts from the nieces and nephews when they were tots !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »
     Yes this pattern is everywhere, and if you buy for your own use Then you can have a set for really cheap.  I kind of like this pattern and have more then once tried to convience the other (better) half to replace her yuck set with this.  More because I can get some more room for other stuff  :P .  I really am not putting down this pattern by no means, but thought I would give my pointers to anyone who would by to sell Glassware.  Anchor Hocking Prescut pattern does not sell, and it looks really pretty and has that old EAPG Look.  I am sure after this writting you will begin to see so much of this pattern in Thrift stores, Rummage sales, and I even see it at the auction house, usually in a set with other press Glass.  Watch for it, and you will see what I mean.  It is also kinda of funny I was just prepping up some old items for sale, and just bump a couple to my Rummage sale pile, and about to offer a Punch bowl Base for .99 start, just to move it.  So I was somewhat serious about if anyone here collect Anchor Prescut, PM me I'll set you up  ;).  I will add a few pics of some of these items, so we all may keep a sharp eye out for these pieces, heck I figure if we all buy what we find, then maybe we can push the value up  ::), "We can corner the market on this pattern" (evil laugh)  :D  :D

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »
I had #1, #3 and #4.......note I said 'had'.  Passed along to a local thrift shop so I could make room for the nice depression glass ironlord is going to start collecting for me.  ;)

lewmel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 09:44:32 pm »
THANKS SO MUCH!!
I really appreciate all of the help from this forum!
Bobby

waywardangler

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 11:31:37 pm »
heck I figure if we all buy what we find, then maybe we can push the value up.   "We can corner the market on this pattern" (evil laugh)
Ironlord, you are sounding as if you have taken some pointers from the Hunt brothers.  ;D