Author Topic: Flip-top table  (Read 973 times)

mexcity

• View Profile
Flip-top table
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:25:25 pm »
Hi everyone. My neighbor gave me an odd table (pictures attached). It looks like a four person oval dinner table with claw feet. The top is venered and pulls up when you pull a latch underneath and it has two odd screws on the hinge side with banjo shaped heads on the screws that easily unscrew and then the top comes off completely. With the top in the up position the top of the base is a hollow square that I haven't been able to figure out how to get into and there is about an inch deep hollow in the top of the square where small things could be kept. Perhaps game pieces or decks of cards. If anyone has an idea of the purpose or age of this table I'd appreciate a reply. Thanks, Pat Sherman, San Diego
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:30:56 pm by mexcity »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Flip-top table
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:53:39 pm »
What makes you think that the base top is hollow ??  I had a different style but you might try putting the top down and turning it,,may have to pull the latch and turn !!  Do you see screws in that part anywhere ?? What are the dimensions of the table. It appears to be a parlor or game table !!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:32:15 am by mart »