Author Topic: General glassware question  (Read 4902 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: General glassware question
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 11:26:13 am »
Cogar I thought the same ?? Many glass & crystal makers did mark pieces and are very very high end- Daum, Laique, Galle, Tiffany, Chihuly,Loetz, Zanetti to name just a few.  :)

Right on, Wendy, including Hawkes, Heisey, etc. and several Carnival makers ...... and one has to look hard to find some of those "marks" on a piece of glass. The wife has a large Heisey basket which the "mark" can only be seen if it is held up to the light at exactly the right angle.

I figured out a long time ago that if a piece of glass "looks right" and/or "feels right" ...... then look for a 'mark' on it.

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 01:30:03 pm »
In reference to the green bowl I posted in this thread - would there be any suggestions on how to begin looking for a manufacturer?  There doesn't seem to be any markings although I am going to look over it again carefully with a magnifying glass.  If I wanted to post this to sell for $10 or so, how would I even describe it without knowing what type of glass, etc.

I guess these are my beginner questions  ;D

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 02:57:06 pm »
kidden, you might try going to Google "images" and then enter different combos of "search" descriptors like .... glass bowl light green w/black band ..... or .... green glass w/gold and black band, ...... etc., and something might show up

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 03:00:38 pm »
Thats what I usually do when I want to find an item !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 07:33:05 pm »
    IMO   If you feel the item is worth 10 or 20 bucks, too much looking will destory the possible profit, Basically I take each item spend a few minutes looking around, and if I don't find the info, I tag or Title best I can to describe the item and on to the next, many times when looking around for another Item, I learn what it is and if it has not sold yet I change the information.  Of course knowing the maker can make it easier to sell not to mention usually more $$$.00, but I like me and have hundreds of items to go through, just move on.  I also now usually on get items that looks like I can Id them easy or I now what they are, or unless of course they are unique.  Basically in the title try and describe it the best you can "Tags" that is