Author Topic: Imperial Vase? Diamond Point Laced Edge Vaseline  (Read 1385 times)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Imperial Vase? Diamond Point Laced Edge Vaseline
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:12:19 pm »
Hello again  ;D  So the only instances I've found of this vase online, every seller has called it Imperial Glass but hasn't provided any proof.  The descriptions have varied from Lace Edged to Crocheted Edge and have said 1920s-1940s (if dated at all).  The problem I have is I've looked in Warman's Depression Glass http://books.google.com/books?id=Ff-4Uch78KEC&pg=PA108&dq=imperial+vaseline+vase&hl=en&ei=FtdiTqeqJ-2ssAK07IClCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CGEQ6AEwCDgK#v=onepage&q=imperial&f=false and it says that Imperial produced vaseline glass (this is vaseline glass, I checked with black light) in the mid-1920s.  But it also says that Crocheted Edge only comes in clear crystal (was made just for Sears), and it doesn't show Diamond Point (the quilted texture mine has on the body) coming with a Laced Edge.  I've seen this exact piece the way it is here and also with a white opalescent lace rim.  All of the sellers call them Imperial but again no proof.  Any ideas?

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: Imperial Vase? Diamond Point Laced Edge Vaseline
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:13:44 pm »
Also, it is unmarked.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 08:27:23 am »
your piece was produced by Imperial glass called "genie" and is described by Imperial as four-toed lace edged vase and came in four diffrent shapes your shape is # 743B. The color called  Vaseline by collectors was produced early but was not in production for long. These four shapes were produced in "vaseline" as I said early and for a very short time, crystal, stiegel green,ritz blue, amber, rose pink, imperial green and for a higher price ruby glass. 
Nice find beautiful piece!!! :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:35:50 am by wendy177 »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:49:45 am »
Wow, Nice Piece for sure

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:46:52 pm »
WOW thanks Wendy!!  I'm looking into that and I'm finding the blue opalescent versions saying discontinued in the 1930s...do you think it's accurate that the green version was mid-1920s?  You must have a great Imperial book!  Thanks, ironlord  :)