Author Topic: APB for Wayward Angler  (Read 3917 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: APB for Wayward Angler
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 02:36:21 pm »
DAMN! Sorry to hear he passed away, I didnt really know him but had a few convos with him about furniture. His profile says he was 60, thats not old, was he ill?

He never mentioned anything !!  I was assuming this was very sudden and without forewarning !!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: APB for Wayward Angler
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 02:52:04 pm »
It has surprised me how much I have thought of him this past week. Something as simple as passing the post office or seeing a garage sale sign makes me smile a little and be happy that I was lucky enough to *know* him for a short while. It's also made me realize how much I think of you all throughout the day and appreciate your knowledge, humor and patience.

I miss Wayward but this last week he has reminded me to honor everyone in my life the best I can, everyday.

This is truly a unique forum.

This weekend was the annual 50 Mile Yard Sale, though over the years it has branched out and along so it's much, much more than the original 50 mile stretch.

One of the table I visited in the yard of an older home was loaded with old fishing gear and rods. The gentleman selling them must have been close to 75 or beyond.  They had belonged to his father and two of the rods were his grandfather's.  They looked lovingly cared for and he truly seemed sad to be parting with it all, but moving to a seniors home he had to get rid of quite a bit collected over the years.  My first thought was of wayward ......"Omg, wait till I tell him what I came across!" Just as I was about to pull my ever present camera out of my purse just so I could take some close up shots of the fisherman's treasure trove the realization hit me hard that he wouldn't be here to show them to. 

The joy of finding a special treasure in amongst all the loot along the roadside disappeared as if a black cloud had passed overhead.

Oceans, you have spoken the thoughts of all of us here.  He is definitely missed and always will be in our thoughts and hearts.