Poll

Hello all! can be any value and age to put this

Valu
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: nachahmung fabrik-marke sewing maschine  (Read 2412 times)

peterkulan

• View Profile
nachahmung fabrik-marke sewing maschine
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:29:37 am »
Telle me thanks

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: nachahmung fabrik-marke sewing maschine
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:53:14 pm »
The cartouche with the words inside are written in German and translate to:  secured against imitation brand-mark it

Are there any other markings/information?  Can you please post a pic of the underside?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

peterkulan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 01:33:31 pm »
I have reserv it in a secondhand store the prise is 500 SEK and i go there to morrow and take a pic and send it here ! Thaks for you replay :-)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:14 pm »
Also, is this a hand-crank or electric?  Is this an adult machine or a child's machine?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 05:31:56 pm »
From what I can see it looks like an adult's machine, shuttle bobbin, lock-stitch, hand crank model. It would not have the feet if it was a treadle and the kids toy models are chainstitch, not two thread lock stitch like this one. Very nice! Check that the shuttle and bobbin are included. These would be under the sliding plates in the sewing platform.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »
This base on this one looks just a whole lot like yours...only without the German cartouche!!!!!!

Junker & Ruh  Serial No. 190710.
Fiddle base Handcrank with an ornate cast base, the decals have all but gone but were originally gold with red pendants around the base.  At the bottom of the Pillar it has ' Made in Germany' and beneath that, although the wording is virtually unreadable, 'Especially for Kay & Company Worcester'. Kays still exist and are a large Mail Order Catologue Company based in Worcester, England.
The bobbin winder on this machine is slightly unusual with a wire "spoon" and "guard".

2 pages of German made machines at this site!  http://website.lineone.net/~lindave/other2.htm
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:20:46 pm by KC »