Author Topic: Green Vase? New or not?  (Read 2580 times)

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
Green Vase? New or not?
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:19 pm »
This could be fairly new for all I know. It was at my Grans house and I liked it. I don't remember seeing there when I was young. I don't know where she got it or when. It was in a cupboard  I cleaned out. I looked on the bottom and think I am seeing marks but all this checking of my pieces this week, I start to wonder if I am just 'seeing things'! My poor eyes and brain! I'll need a stress day soon. LOL!

Sorry if this just ends up being a dollar store bargain from the last few years, but I want to know. Love it anyway!

5 1/2 inches high.
4 3/4 inches across.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
Re: Green Vase? New or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:30:04 pm »
More:

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »
    Nice Art Vase, it is possible that you have a Blenko, sure looks like something they would have done.  But like most art glass it is really hard to find the maker, so many art Glass makers, from the local Artist to the 100's in Murano area.  I would not say it is really old, but as a guess I would say good chance of it being Vintage.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:42:11 pm »
Thanks, Ironlord! I was surprised to even find something like that in her house. She wasn't one for girly stuff, so it must have been given to her. She was still chopping wood into her late 80's and would have never bought a vase! I can see her hiding it in the cupboard! She was a tomboy until the end, one tough Granny!   ;)

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »
Great site for researching Blenko....  Sapphire gave it to me awhile back.  http://www.blenkocollectors.com/welcome.html

ETA:  Took a quick look as I don't remember blenko including white swirls.  I didn't find any on the above site in a quick search.  The green to clear reminds me of a Viking Amberina candy dish (and a vase) that I have.  Viking did do press glass so you might try that. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:50:48 pm by Oceans64 »
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 02:41:39 pm »
Just doing another post and will head on over. Much appreciated! Thank you both!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 06:41:12 pm »
Saw that glass when doing research on stretched glass on different post !!  Different shape but same color and stretch marks (??  Hate to use that term but ,,,,) If that is what I am seeing on the glass !!  Green with white ???  Cant remember exactly what it is called but think its a type of stretch glass !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 08:06:18 pm »
mart, your right. I'm looking at it now, except the bowl has a red base and used black glass on top. I'm going to continue looking for those perticular colors.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 08:20:12 pm »
As I look I don't think it was stretch glass. The color does not seem to be right for the times it was made, and the glass was much finer. I'm looking through a Fenton Glass Book. Even the red and black pattern looks like a better quality. Sorry Snowflake I don't mean to hurt your feelings. I like the vase. :)
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »
You didn't hurt my feelings, greenacres. I'd rather know the truth, lol! Thanks all. :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 08:54:26 am »
Possible that its an "end of day" glass !!  I looked at those too but can`t remember the exact one !!

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 11:10:19 am »
End of day glass...I wouldn't doubt it. The bottom of this is not completely flat. It is a bit tippy, like a small hump in the bottom.  :) Now I want to go look that kind of glass up, thanks!