Author Topic: Setting for 16  (Read 1161 times)

dreamcatcher

• View Profile
Setting for 16
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:37:11 pm »
I am trying to find out about this set. There are 16 of everything. Each set of items such as plates, platter, saucers etc. have a different print on them. The bottom on these has no design but says English England Ironstone forming a circle. I have uploaded a pic of a platter and what I have been told are coasters. For some reason my camera is not putting the color in the pics of these, the coloring is  reddish. I have looked at many items with thie same mark but not the patterns. Any help is greatly appreciated.

DSW768

• View Profile
Re: Setting for 16
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:04:45 am »
Odd that we are both in Indiana and joined yesterday, as I have a set that is very similar to yours. Mine was made by J.G. Meakin. It is called Royal Staffordshire - Stratford Stage. They have SEVERAL patterns in different colors that are all very similar. The border looks like mine, so I think yours may be from them, too?

See http://www.ebay.com/sch/Meakin-J-G-/4224/i.html for some examples.

Also, replacements.com is a good place to see pictures and find dishes. More so if you have more info on the bottom, but you can look at Meakin items there.

You might also look at http://staffordshire-lac.info/

mart

• View Profile
Re: Setting for 16
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:04 am »
I would say it is from one of the Stafforshire makers !!  Apears to be transferware and I am guessing its about 1930 vintage or slightly earlier !! When Blue Willow was produced many others copied that style with pictorial dinnerware !! You can also find Red Willow which is about the same color as your ironstone !!  There were several companies from the Staffordshire region so if you don`t find it at the maker that was given,,look at the other potteries !!