Author Topic: Pheasant Knife rests - need some help dating  (Read 1023 times)

hudsonhacker

• View Profile
Pheasant Knife rests - need some help dating
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:28:22 am »
Hi All

I have a pair of really interesting knife rests i am trying to find out about. There are absolutely no markings on these thins. I have a large lighted magnifying glass and have gone over these extremely carefully. Nothing Marked anywhere. I have seen some online that claim to be Nickel plated, but the carving on the head is nowhere near as detailed as these ones.

I am trying to determine:
1) WHere they may have been made , and by what company
2) Potential age
3) Guess as to material they are made of

All help appreciated. I really like these, the detail is great, so I would like to learn more about them.

Thanks
Hudsonhacker

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Pheasant Knife rests - need some help dating
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:40:17 am »
That's a tough one, about all you can do is to search for one online and go by what is said about them. No markings makes it hard. They sure are charming though!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
Re: Pheasant Knife rests - need some help dating
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:52 am »
I have been searching this for a bit and have come up with nothing. The closest I found were a pair they thought were French and maybe 30's-40's.
The only reason I mention these is because the end of the rests are flat like yours. Can't be any help with the metal, I'm clueless when it comes to that.
http://www.knife-rests.co.uk/knife_rests_details.php?pid=325

I remember finding a bunch of glass ones here and had no idea what they were. After doing a search for them, I was shocked. Never even heard of a knife rest before!

I'll keep looking for yours.