Author Topic: New Ebay Lister at Goodwill  (Read 4060 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
New Ebay Lister at Goodwill
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:43 pm »
     Sorry have not been around much, actually been here but so busy to do much then read some of the post.  Been pushing the Ebay hard since I was unemployed, was called back to work for a week and found my self a new job.  Yes I'm back in the work force, and my new job is going to rock.  I am a new online lister at the Seattle Goodwill store, did my first day today, and think this will be a fun gig.  Pay is less and hours less, but could not pass up the job.  Thought of you tales today when one of the co-workers got to post a hand crank sewing machine.  I personnally did not get to post any cool Glass but some other things.  Anyway thought I would let you all know about the new and exciting job.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
Re: New Ebay Lister at Goodwill
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:47:20 pm »
Way to go, Ironlord! It seems like something you will enjoy. All the best to you.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
That's awesome ironlord! With your glass knowledge, you'll be able to spot the good stuff! And you can ask everyone here about other stuff. :) Sounds like a laid back and fun job, good luck!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 12:01:41 pm »
IL That is awesome!! Can you work from home?

ETA:  Have an off topic question for you IL  ;D Has there been a lot of furniture at the PacGal Auction lately and is it selling well? I have to get rid of my Pembroke Table (c1850-ish) before it gets wrecked here. Poor thing just always seems to be in the way! 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:54:01 pm by Oceans64 »
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »
Do you have pics oceans? :D

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 02:58:01 pm »
Here's the thread: http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?topic=7600.15 

I have since had a dealer (personally known by a family member) take a look and he felt 1850. I still have no confirmation nor do I know who SML CO is. The auctioneer at PacGal is pretty good so I'm sure he can help with dating as well as give me an idea of auction value.

Sorry for the hijack IL  ;D
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »
Hey , that's good news , ironlord1963 !

All the best with the new venture !!!!!
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 07:30:20 pm »
     Yea Furniture is still going pretty well, that is if the "knodding Lady"  is there, a joke between me and the other half.  There is a lady that buys lots of furniture, she knods instead of holding up a card.  Anyway, the prices still seem to be at the dealer level, and sometimes when someone wants it personnally they seem to go up.   Mike the Auctioneer would be happy to advise you of course.  Love the new job been really fun, but mostly seem to be posting Video games and Coach Brand Handbags  :-\,  even got to post a couple pair of Womens Shoes, Guess this is what the newbie gets.  Tomorrow I will get to start my day with some Fenton Rabbits though, had to beg for a bone  ;D .   The only issue I'm going to have is that I work Fri - Mon, which basically means I won't get to go to the Auctions,  :-\  Oh well life always get in the way of life.

CuriousCollector

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 08:23:06 pm »
Congrats on your new gig!  They should let you play with the glassware -- they don't know what a treasure they have in you!!!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 09:55:44 am »
I'm pretty sure you'll be in charge of the glass soon!!  They'd be crazy not to recognize your talent there. ;)

LOL- Re: Knodding Lady:  I know EXACTLY who you are talking about and it's been awhile since I've been. She is the reason I had to pay $60 for my rocker!  Think she has a store east of the mountains somewhere but she is always grabbing up the furniture  ;D

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 09:25:04 pm »
Way to go Ironlord! (Sorry I'm just catching this, I didn't recognize that it was good news!)
Antiqueaholic in recovery