Author Topic: BAngkok jewelry factory gold and teakwood flatware set  (Read 1638 times)

charrimon

• View Profile
BAngkok jewelry factory gold and teakwood flatware set
« on: October 08, 2011, 07:00:13 pm »
I have a 100 piece gold and teakwood flatware set in a wooden box, made by the Bangkok Jewelry Factory.  There is 12 serving pieces on the top of the box inside, and 88 peices, (setting for 8 people), in two rows, in the bottom of the wooden box.  There is a white silk label in the upper left corner that says "Bangkok Jewelry (Factory), 21 Fueng Nakorn Bangkok, Thailand, Tel 23992"  Manufacture lland leadder in all kind of jewelry and precious stones, siver niello wares, bronze wares, hand woven Thai silk and brocade, and Thai handcraft products.  The inside of thembox is red felt.  Does anyone know how much this might be worth.  There is a faint "52" on the top left corner of the silk label, looks like a magic marker.  Not sure if that means anything. 

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: BAngkok jewelry factory gold and teakwood flatware set
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 07:48:43 pm »
    Would need a pic to verify, but it sounds like you have a Brass Teakwood Set.  These was common amongst soldiers in the Korean and Vietnam war.  They was purchased and sent back here.  I have one very large set, and lots of extra pieces of these.   For the most part these are of moderate value at best, but would have to see a pic to verify this.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: BAngkok jewelry factory gold and teakwood flatware set
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 11:51:06 pm »
We have had some on the forum before.  Just saw a complete set at a local community relief center for sale for $69.  They range in pricing for $50 - $80....but are not top sellers.

They can be very stunning!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!