Author Topic: promotion??  (Read 6207 times)

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
Re: promotion??
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 12:14:17 am »
Oh here? I found this one and a couple of others in a Google search, read some threads and joined up.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 02:59:37 pm »
One reason there is so much activity here is if you do reasearch on an item,, many times this site is in the results where a topic has been brought up here !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 11:36:36 am »
When I found this forum, I actively sought out an antiques forum after getting an assessment on my dining table that I didn't think was correct on another forum. I had first posted it in a forum that was pretty much monopolized by one person giving her opinions and other mostly looking on, but not offering any info. I looked at the opinion person's profile and she had no professional experience, and yet no one on this forum seemed to want to suggest that her opinion could be anything but spot-on. What I like about this forum is that we all give our opinions, and if it turns out we got it wrong, we all learn from it and we're all better for it and no one gets humiliated or raked over the coals. It is all part of learning and ten heads are better than one.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 09:55:09 am »
I looked for an antiques forum and found this one. I read through alot of posts and saw there was alot of knowledge here and everyone got along. I liked that the experts didn't look down on people like me that don't know much. I also like that the people that aren't really experts still contribute because they tend to be damn good with search engines. Its the nice balance of skills and knowledge that drew me here.

BungalowMo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 01:45:37 pm »
Yes...I found this place on a Google search.  It was only 3 days ago, and I don't even recall what I'd Googled, but I sure am glad I found it!  haha....my brain is in the Cave!! 
I can fully appreciate the meaning behind the phrase "They just don't make 'em like they used to".

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 06:57:40 pm »
This forum has a very broad base of contributors !! I enjoy reading what everyone has to say !! Many times a point is brought up by someone that had never crossed my mind,, and it opens up another avenue to research !!  The more the merrier in my opinion !!