Author Topic: Textured Acrylic form with sculpted acrylic owl inside  (Read 1193 times)

agreeneyes

Textured Acrylic form with sculpted acrylic owl inside
« on: November 03, 2011, 07:52:32 pm »
This is an acrylic sculpture that is textured on the sides and back with a smooth face and then the owl is inside and this is signed and dated 1977.  I've tried researching the artist but the signature is really hard to make out.  It looks like F Pell or F Pelt then the date 1977 is next to the signature.  I think this is quite an unusual piece and in my research acrylic sculptures seem to go for a fair price.  Can any body help me identify the artist and possibly estimate a value.  This is a solid piece of lucite and there's a hole in the bottom where the artist carved the owl with tree from.  The fine detail is exquisite the pictures just don't show the fine detail the best.  Also I would like to know if it's acrylic or lucite or is there any difference.  I apologize for the clarity in the pictures this wasn't very easy to photograph with the smooth lucite face it didn't shoot with a flash very well.  It's  4 1/2 in tall x 3 1/4 in wide x 2 1/2 deep and it has a 3 D effect.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:22:17 pm by agreeneyes »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Textured Acrylic form with sculpted acrylic owl inside
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 02:05:13 pm »
My computer is not cooperating today so I couldn`t check it out but look up Larry Bell a Taos, NM sculptor !!  He works in various media !! There is no Pell listed in American artists, 1900 and after !! There are several  sites that carry Larry Bell`s work !! You should not find the exact piece but see if he does anything similar !!

agreeneyes

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
Thank you for the information

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 04:33:51 pm »
I just thought the F.Pell could be L.Bell !! Since the F and L are often used as a scrolled letter !!

agreeneyes

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:29:05 pm »
It could be and L but it definitely looks like a P not a B on the last name, thank you

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 06:32:17 pm »
Can you take a good square shot of that name ?? Forget Larry Bell,, he ain`t the one !! I looked at some of his work !!

agreeneyes

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 07:23:21 pm »
I was able to take a better picture of the signature, thank you