Author Topic: Looking for pocket watch experts!  (Read 1559 times)

Damatheus

• View Profile
Looking for pocket watch experts!
« on: November 11, 2011, 06:40:11 pm »
Hello all, I am looking for some help with a few antique pocket watches I've received from a family member recently. What I am looking for is as much information as possible, and an idea of value. Thanks!

I've got three watches that I've identified as antique and possibly pretty valuable, and one that I can't find too much information on.

The first is an Elgin with a silver case. This is as much information as I have been able to find, as I can't get the back of the case off to see what is inside. It is the largest of the four, and is quite heavy. I would say at least 10oz. It also works perfectly when wound up. Pictures below.

The second is an American Waltham Riverside model with 19 jewels, from 1913 as far as I can tell. It does not specify what metal, or quality of metal. It does look gold though. This one winds but does not seem to work. Pictures below.

The third is another American Waltham. this one is 14k double plated, 15 jewel from 1894. Cannot find model, winds but does not work. Pictures below.

The final is a Marcel Swiss watch, 6 jewels. I can't find much about this one, not even sure if it is as old as it looks. Pictures below.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Looking for pocket watch experts!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »
On which one is the "wadsworth aristocrat 25 yr" written on ?? Looks like it was a gift for 25 years with a company ??
Your Marcel watch purchased the movements from the Swiss but they are an American Company and are located in Secaucus, New Jersey !! They may still be in operation !! They were into the 90`s but haven`t checked on later dates !!  Found that on a watch forum but darn,, I didn`t write the site down !!  Others here know it though !!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:07:33 pm by mart »

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 09:52:16 pm »
I think the Waltham has a Wadsworth Watch Case Co. gold filled case, "guaranteed" for 25 years not to wear through the gold.

If I can find my watch book (which is packed away), I'll look up the serial numbers and year of manufacture for you.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:42:26 am »
Is that what it means ??  You can tell I am no watch expert !! I assumed it was a commemorative !!

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:30:22 am »
A few great sites worth checking out for serial numbers and information:
http://www.antique-pocket-watch.com/index.html

http://oldwatch.com/identify/identify.html