Author Topic: 192?, AZOR bench grinder  (Read 1578 times)

Omack

• View Profile
192?, AZOR bench grinder
« on: November 14, 2011, 07:53:41 pm »
I have an Azor bench grinder. My grandfathers neighbor gave it to him and my grandfather passed it on to my father. It has been in my possession for the past 10 years. I actually use it regularly in my home workshop.
I have attempted to research it for countless hours on the internet. I have also called multiple antique stores around the country. I have always come up empty, which boggles my mind as a person can find almost anything on the internet with enough due diligence. I have looked it up time to time to see if anyone else has posted anything. and recently I have had some luck. Recently there have found some links connecting the Azor company to other patents and have found some company history.
So here is what I know so far:

It was made by the Azor motor Manufacturing company
Company was located in Cleveland, Ohio in Cuyohoga county
Azor Motor filed as a corporation for profit  on 12/27/1921
it appears that the company dissolved officially in 1927
Company was formerly called H.O.F Motor Manufacturing Company
It is approximately 90 years old

So, anyone out there ever heard of this thing? any idea of value?
if not for this specific product, maybe a generalized value for an electric motor from this era?

I believe it to be very rare as I have never been able to find anyone who has ever heard of it or the company that made it.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:14:16 pm by Omack »

mart

• View Profile
Re: 192?, AZOR bench grinder
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:30 am »
Looks like the one my Granddad had in his garage when I was a kid !!  The stone was used to sharpen all our garden tools !!  This was just a passing thought since it is early yet,, haven`t looked for yours,, but I will after a pot of coffee !!

Omack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:07:16 am »
Thank you for the help Bart. It's nice to have a professional on the case!
I hope you have better luck than I have had in the past!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:52:39 am »
Unfortunately you will not find much on this company !! What I found was about the same as yours was !!  When a company has a short lifespan there is frequently little to find !!  They made electric fans, grinders such as yours and various small electrical items !! Found one that was for an electric welding torch !! As to value,, since these are not a collectable item ( never met anyone that collects bench grinders) its value would only be in its usability !! Many do like the older ones because they are built better than the modern ones !! I could only estimate its value as somewhere between $50. and $125. !!

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 10:08:06 pm »
Tried to find info and came up empty.