Author Topic: Worthpoint's New App  (Read 2099 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Worthpoint's New App
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:11:58 pm »
I got a notice today that Worthpoint now has an antiques valuation app. Like their Web site, it requires a subscription to access price data unfortunatley, although you can try it free for a few days.
http://www.worthpoint.com/about/free-antiques-price-guide-app?utm_campaign=557&utm_medium=email&utm_source=phplist

I have an Internet browser on my BlackBerry and I've used it a lot to look things up that I see in antique stores. Admittedly, it would be really nice to have access to the cached Ebay auction information that WP offers. I just balk at the idea of anyone collecting data that is free and then charging money to access it later. Sooner or later someone will probably make a competing product or Web site that offers the same information for free.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

sugarcube

• View Profile
Re: Worthpoint's New App
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:15:08 pm »
thank you its a great help-the thrift stores usually know their stuff so I have doubts its authentic but heck it does happen. I found an antique low-brow china head in a thrift store for five bucks. That was one of my favorite thrift store finds.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:56:35 pm by talesofthesevenseas »