Author Topic: Looking for info on perfume bottles  (Read 2460 times)

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
Looking for info on perfume bottles
« on: December 09, 2011, 03:02:12 pm »
Hoping there's an expert on perfume bottles out there.  I recently purchased one at an estate sale that had an interesting dauber.  Bottle is 4" tall with a waffle pattern, 3 5/8" wide and the dauber is 3 1/2" long.  It has no markings, but interesting none the less.  I am also including photos of a bottle that was given to my daughter (handed down by her grandmother who inherited it from a woman age 84 at the time of her death).  This one is 6" tall including the circular stopper, very heavy for it's size, 4 3/4" wide.  This has no markings either.  Would appreciate any info available as I have come up with nothing as of yet.  Thanks!

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Looking for info on perfume bottles
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:56:49 pm »
Could you please post photos of both bottles with stoppers in and straight on instead of from the top looking down.  :)

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:33:05 pm »
Took some more with candlelight, trying to get the detail.  Not the best, but can see more than with regular lighting.  Hopefully this helps.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 06:36:44 pm »
Top one looks art deco to me !!  Probably late 20`s early 30`s !! Neat little applicator !! Perfect for touching behind the ears as they used to do !! Would be difficult to determine a maker without a mark of some sort !!   Have no idea about the second one !!  Wendy may know !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 01:23:54 am »
Agree, waffled one reminiscent of early 1900's and was used at touch points (wrist and behind ear).

The second one is hard to see...they make repros that could resemble this one.  Maybe someone else will chime in.

Both are still highly desired.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 01:56:38 pm »
Ok your first bottle is Czechoslovakian made Beautiful art deco and yes early 1900 Value $129.00
Your second bottle I believe was made by Gundersen- Pairpoint - crystal perfume They manufactured bottles for Irving W. Rice & company to name just one. They are well known for the beautiful shape of the base piece. here is an example of base  the work
http://www.glasshound.com/pairpoint_perfume_185.html
Value of $200.00    :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 04:20:23 pm »
Excellent Wendy !!  I knew you would know the answer !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:48 am »
Thanks Mart happy to help when I can  ;)

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 05:54:47 am »
That's wonderful news!  I have to admit I only paid $35.00 for the Czech bottle and it was in a box with other glassware items (a Belleek creamer and sugar, a small cut glass celery dish, and a cut glass salt & pepper set), so I was really happy, but now that I know the value, I'm ready for more shopping!  My daughter & I are equally appreciative of the info.  I came up a blank on hers too!  Sometimes you just can't find the right links and this forum has been an excellent source.  Thanks to all for your help, especially Wendy!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 10:59:47 am »
Post some pics so we can see your finds !! They all sound great !!