Author Topic: Mysterious White Bros. Teapot  (Read 1632 times)

KMB562

• View Profile
Mysterious White Bros. Teapot
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:26:19 pm »
I have what I think is a silver (?) teapot with flowers etched onto one side. The marking on the bottom says "White BRos.   New Orleans".  Some basic Internet searching led me to a White Bros Jewelry store in the early 1900's...but that's all I could find. Anyone know anymore?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious White Bros. Teapot
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:36 pm »
White Brothers Company was located at 624 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA and had up to 3 locations in New Orleans.
Found they were in business by 1917 and markers for 1939 and 1957.
Are there any hallmarks, letters, numbers and if so please post a picture of them.  Most jewelry stores did not make their own silverplated items by this time.

As they touted "White Bros....624 Canal Street; buy gifts on easy credit terms; at White Bros. you can buy diamonds, watches, silverware, gifts with confidence." on a sponsorship of the 1930 "The Sugar Bowl Classic" in a 1939 sponsorship notation for The Sugar Bowl Classic, New Orleans Mid Winter Sports.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KMB562

• View Profile
Re: Mysterious White Bros. Teapot
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:19 pm »
Underneath the White Bros. identification there is the number 216.  Other than that, nothing.

The picture is terribly lacking, but it's the best I can do tonight.