Author Topic: Hope and Carter Plate  (Read 1422 times)

cosmos

• View Profile
Hope and Carter Plate
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:04:16 pm »
I have a pink Hope and Carter Plate with the Chinese Pattern H&C crest. It also has a small blue c mark and the number I think is 8771. It has other markings too.
Can anyone advise on this plate, I have seen many in blue, but not in this pink colour.   

mart

• View Profile
Re: Hope and Carter Plate
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 09:46:49 am »
Can you take a close up of that mark so we can see what is on the back ??

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:27:48 pm »
Still looking !!  Lots out there,, might take a while !!  Have a dozen things going !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »
Look at this page....several items  by H&C Staffordshire, etc....with the same pattern...just different coloring.
http://www.rafa.com/eng-irish.htm
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 01:28:45 pm »
KC, I have found several with that pattern but different color !! Thing is haven`t found this color !! But I have used "pink" in the searches !!  Think I will try "rose" color and see if I can get a hit on that !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 06:36:38 am »
I have looked but have not found this color !! It is the older of the marks and was used in the 1860`s and since the company started in 1862 would be after that date !!  Ashworth and Bro`s bought the pottery in 1880 !!  But even if the plate is not easily found in that color,, that does not make it rare and valuable !! That would depend on supply and demand but if there is little demand there is little value !!  Most of the Staffordshire potteries used that pattern or a variation of it so it just depends on what pottery you are looking for !!  Most of the plates in other colors run in the $10. to $20. as asking price !!  Saw none selling !! I would value this one in the upper range of that just because of the color if it is in excellent condition with no chips or cracks !!