Author Topic: Signed Stickley?  (Read 1150 times)

hannalie

• View Profile
Signed Stickley?
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »
I purchased this dining set about six years ago at an auction.  It included one captain chair, three side chairs, and the table.  Three of the chairs are stickered as 1960 and have all the proper markings.  The fourth chair is stickered 1959 but it has an actual signature on it.  If anyone has any knowledge of stickley furniture could you please look at the photos and let me know if the signature is of any significance.  Thanks.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Signed Stickley?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 02:20:26 pm »
All the pics are not downloading !!   http://www.gustavstickley.com/stickley-furniture.html  Scroll to the bottom here !!  This line was produced between 1926 and 1984 !!  Value is minimal !!  Most collectors want the craftsman style mission furniture !!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:38:19 pm by mart »

hannalie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:44:41 pm »
All the pics are not downloading !!   http://www.gustavstickley.com/stickley-furniture.html  Scroll to the bottom here !!  This line was produced between 1926 and 1984 !!  Value is minimal !!  Most collectors want the craftsman style mission furniture !!

Here are some different pics.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »
I went to the Stickley museum but couldn`t match the initials on yours !! If anything it could be JG for John George Stickley !! One of the three Stickley brothers !!  However you would have to have it verified which would cost a bit and it would not add to the value very much due to the style of the Cherry Valley Line of American Colonial furniture !!  It was a later addition and has few collectors !!  It is great that the factory mark is good and you probably would have no trouble selling it !! Even the mission style,, the most popular Stickley line has been off due to the economy !! I would say that your set might bring $450 to $500. if you can verify the initials !!