Author Topic: Grandma's Viking  (Read 1179 times)

Thor

Grandma's Viking
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:12 pm »
Hello folks!
Thought I'd share the bulk of Grandma's glass collection which I now own.  These are the pieces I am going to sell off because I have many more I like and display.
Any information on the pieces you see would be appreciated.  If you want a particular piece shown, I have individual pictures of each (I didn't put each in as that would be 40+ pictures.)  I'd love to know if anyone has ideas on what I should ask for the pieces.  I have Dean Six's book, but can only find about 15 pieces in there.
Thanks for any help!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Grandma's Viking
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:39:01 pm »
   Wow pretty for sure, I will have to try and take a closer look, looks like many of them are amberlina glass.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:43:43 pm »
    I take it that all this is Viking Glass?  For sure some pretty cool pieces

Thor

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:55:23 pm »
Ironlord, most of Grandma's pieces are persimmon.  There are a few Amberlina, two ruby, one amber, and some avocado pieces.  Because people knew she collected "orange" pieces she sometimes got the wrong "orange".   ;)
Only one piece I'm pretty sure isn't Viking- the tall clear duck in the back (with the red and green stripe).  Grandma collected Viking specifically, and a few still have the stickers on them.
I'm hoarding all the "animals" because I have great memories of them, and they are cute.

Thor

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 07:20:17 am »
To give an idea of the wonderfully rich color.