Author Topic: Noritake China  (Read 11900 times)

chriseck40

• View Profile
Noritake China
« on: September 06, 2004, 05:20:34 pm »
I have been researching Noritake China and am in brain overload.  The set I have has Noritake China with the "M" surronded by leaves and the ribbon on the bottom.  It also says Made in Japan.  It looks just like a 1953 mark I located that has the "N" in the middle.  There is no "R" for the registration that is found between the ribbon.  There is also no additional information on this set such as pattern number.  
The design has a vine like pattern that looks like pink Hibiscus flowers and buds.  There are also 3 different leaves in blue, grean and brown.  This pattern vines around the dish.  I am assuming the gold rim is 14k gold.  I purchased this set at an Auction and there were several items I would have dated to WW II.  Any help is appreciated.

kerrybee

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:21:33 pm »
Because of the M, not N, I too think you may have a WWII era set.  How do you like scrolling?  Yes?  then try this site:

www.replacements.co m

go to china, and Noritake, and when you get there, click the blue band on the left, it opens all the pics -

and get your cuppa' coffee in advance - there's lots of scrolling to do!  Best wishes, KB   :)  

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 03:39:12 pm »
several hundred patterns, known good luck.

chriseck40

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 07:50:48 pm »
Thank  you for your help.  After scrolling which seemed like forever, I found the pattern.  The flower was a Pink Morning Glory  Pattern N168.  Thanks again for all of your help!!

chriseck40

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 08:17:37 pm »
Well, the news was not as good as I thought.  I think the number N168 on replacements.com is just for identification on their site.  I would really like to find out when it was made and what the value may be.  Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

kerrybee

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 09:58:08 pm »
Glad you found your pattern - values given on replacements are high retail value, and may be useful should you want to insure your set.  A rule of thumb, is that to sell your set, reduce those values by 1/3 to 1/2.  And like all "rules of thumb", it's not set in stone.  Condition counts.

as to date, I had run another search for --  noritake backstamps  -- on MSN, or you could use google.  Try that, and you might fine tune the date.  There's Noritake books available also.  Try library, or Antiques mall.  ps:  Noritake is still in business.  Maybe their company provides a date list of patterns.                  Best wishes,  KB  
 :)  

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 03:12:14 pm »
the update is, it was made for larkin soap co. exclusively. between 1914 &  1916.

Noritake China
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 03:14:29 pm »
Can you tell me where this was referenced?  I would love to read more about it.   I really appreciate the feedback I am getting.  Thanks!

kerrybee

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 01:07:15 am »
DB Antiques - You are the "cat's pajamas".  So much knowledge - I was watching your posts on another forum - honestly, you should 'bag 'em up" and teach a class or write a book - I have not learned as much from any other source as I have from your posts over the last couple of years -

Sorry, chriseck 40, I didn't mean to hijack your post, but isn't this great ?  

And congrats on a unique piece.    :)  

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Noritake China
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 04:04:24 am »
kerry as you' know, appraising and antique is not and exact science. a picture is great and hands on is better. but thank you'. p.s I'am to dumb to write abook and to lazy to teach. even the appraisers on the road show disagee on value age etc. the larkin soap tidbit was picked up surfing the web.

Guest_chriseck40

Noritake China
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 09:31:25 am »
Thanks again for all of the information.