Author Topic: Information About Miniture Millefoiori Ruffled Vase?  (Read 1339 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Information About Miniture Millefoiori Ruffled Vase?
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:24 pm »
I purchased this Miniture Millefoiori Ruffled Vase at the thrift store today and wasn't able to find some information about it through the search engines and other resources and was hoping someone would know.

The vase is about 5 Inches Tall and about 3 Inches Wide. There are no Makers Marks or other marks that I can find. I think the vase would be know as a Miniture Millefoiori Mosaic Ruffled Vase and the color would be Millefoiori Murrine (please correct me if I'm wrong)?

What I would like to know is who might have been the manufacturer, maker or artist, what period of time it may have been made and if possible the approximate value the vase might have.

Thanks!
Kevin
" width="710" height="1047" border="0
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:17:35 pm by KevinM »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Information About Miniture Millefoiori Ruffled Vase?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:34:17 pm »
   For the most part these are usually attributed to Murano Glass, Which is not always the case but many makers in the Murano area makes this style.  As for value, I may be able to pin point a value in a few days, I just posted one on shopgoodwill this week, It was a large one, but I am curious about what It will go for.  I have personnally sold a couple paperweights in this style and got around $30.00, but they was for sure murano.

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:34:17 pm »
Thanks ironlord1963. I'll also be curious as to how much the one you posted goes for.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:09:45 pm »
These are extremely difficult because they were produced for a hundred years and are still being made. Most are either from the 20s thru 40s or the 70s through now as those seem to be the periods of popularity. You really need a Murano glass expert to evaluate it. They have also been reproduced recently in Asia. Like anything that is popular, collectible or attractive.