Author Topic: Mid Century? Desk  (Read 1147 times)

KevinB

• View Profile
Mid Century? Desk
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:19:35 pm »
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about this desk. I don't really think its going to be worth much but I would rather check here to see what everyone thinks. Although its a little beat up the previous owner tried to take care of it. They had a piece of glass cut for it to help protect the top. The desk measures 46" Wide and is 19" deep in the center. The top was cut so the center curves out about three quarters of an inch further than the sides. It looks mostly held together with nails. I think its from the 50's or 60's but could be newer.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Mid Century? Desk
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:15:20 pm »
Has a bit of a Frank Lloyd Wright look to it !! Its a student desk from 50`s or 60`s !!  Every furniture company in the US made a version of this desk so guessing the maker is impossible !!   Value,,,maybe $30. !!  Would sell better with a chair !!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:18:05 pm by mart »

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:17:25 pm »
I thought I remembered a desk like this being pretty common but started second guessing myself when I couldn't find anything like it online. Thanks Mart! now I know what I can expect to get for it. I have the chair that the previous owner used with the desk but I don't think its original to the desk.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:11 pm »
Its still a good little desk !! Would be perfect for a hallway just to drop keys, purse ect on !! List it as a retro piece with the chair as long as the two look good together,,it will be fine !! I would start the price at $50. but be prepared to come down to move it !!