Author Topic: Vintage Art-Decoesque Tea Kettle query  (Read 1695 times)

fancypants

• View Profile
Vintage Art-Decoesque Tea Kettle query
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:14:12 pm »
So , before I research for the patent on this little item , I thought I'd ask here in the forum for clues ...

Hallmark/logo/stamping reads as follows :

-satinless-ware-co.of-america-
   Walled Lake
   Michigan  

Leur's
guaranteed
stainless
ware
STAINLESS

Bottom stamped with PATENT PENDING .

Kettle holds just a smidge under 12 Cups , & sports a bakelite handle attached with one stainless nut & bolt .

This is has been my 'daily driver' (o.k. , so i'm a tea junkie) for about 25 years & I just got curious about it .... found in a box at an estate sale in Michigan , $2.00 .

One 'tea kettle' guy said that he'd thought the company had gone belly-up right around the begining of the Great Depression & perhaps this one was a 'salesman/display' unit , since he'd not seen one like it .... got my doubts about that info , though .... seen a few items from the company , but not too many ... I think perhaps (?) due to WW2 'metal drives' for the war effort/recycling .

I just like it's design , esp since it's held up well (& I've got a friend bugging me to find one for him) & wondered if members here have seen one before .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:14:08 am by fancypants »
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Art-Decoesque Tea Kettle query
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:13:55 pm »
Stainless Ware of America (Walled Lake, Mich) was in business until 1958 when it burned to the ground. Then moved to Mississippi.  I'm assuming this is the same company.

Article title 'Newspaper reunites friends after 53 years'........right hand column.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1893&dat=20000426&id=s6kfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=dtYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2824,9153623

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:15:24 am »
Thank you sapphire !!!

YOU ROCK !!!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 11:24:02 am »
Thanks for that , sapphire .... that one slipped o/s of my radar !!!!!!

Now I get to tell my friend where he can buy one (since the 'bidding' was/is @ zero !) all by himself !

I am still curious to know what the hanger/loop/tang @ the end of the handle looked like ... guessing that they commonly fell off &/or were removed by owners .

You still ROCK , sapphire !  ;D