Author Topic: Vintage Mid-Century Crystal Compote Marble & Brass  (Read 1365 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Vintage Mid-Century Crystal Compote Marble & Brass
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:49:42 pm »
This is a Vintage Mid-Century Crystal Marble & Brass Compote I purchased the other day and am having trouble finding one like it through searches and hoped someone could help identify it.

The Compote Weighs a little over 10 Pounds and stands about 10 Inches Tall. The Crystal Bowl is about 9 Inches Wide and about 4 3/4 Inches High and the Base is about 5 1/2 Inches Wide.

What I would like to know is who the Manufacturer is that made it, when it was made and the approximate value of it.

Thanks!
Kevin

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 09:27:08 pm by KevinM »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Mid-Century Crystal Compote Marble & Brass
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:13:40 am »
That would mean the marble base is from Italy,, likely not the rest of it !!  These table centerpieces were popular from the 40`s through the 60`s !! Made by many companies so finding the maker of yours is unlikely !!  The antiqued brass makes me think that it was 60`s rather than earlier !! Pressed glass probably !! These were used for fruit or flowers occassionally but most were left as is for a formal dining table !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 06:46:36 pm »
Thanks mart! I was thinking along the same line. Was hoping I could pinpoint the maker and perhaps a value since the prices for these are all over the board.

Kevin

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:01:13 pm »
Yes they are !! There again it depends on the quality !!  You might wait on Ironlord or Wendy and see if they recognize the glass pattern !! That would help just to know the pattern when you try to sell it !!  My opinion is that it would likely bring around $50 to $60. !! Of course that depends on who is shopping !!  You can`t outguess the buying public !!

adam82376

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:22 pm »
I have a crystal bowl that looks like your piece. I also do not know who makes it. I put it up for consignment and it never sold the going price.......$12.00 lol. Th e base is probably worth more then the bowl by itself

adam82376

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:50:24 pm »
Crystal bowl