Author Topic: "Double Cross" wooden board game  (Read 1648 times)

leamanda

• View Profile
"Double Cross" wooden board game
« on: March 18, 2012, 05:46:06 pm »
Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum, and am looking for a particular piece, although I am not sure if it is an antique game, or not.

The name of the game is "Double Cross" or "Double Kross".  It is played with 3 to 8 players and involves rolling dice, betting coins, moving pegs on a wooden board based on the dice rolls, and a standard deck of playing cards (sometimes 2 decks, depending on how many players there are).

I played this game about a year ago with some former coworkers.  Since leaving the work force due to having a child, I've lost contact with many of those coworkers, including the person who owned the game.  He was a older gentleman, probably close to 65. He said he'd had the game "for years and years" and that the game was popular back in the Wisconsin area, where he was originally from.  He also said it'd probably be hard to find since it was a regional game, and it was so "old."

I have "Googled" for this so many times, and can find nothing on it.  Is there anyone here who is familiar with it, or know where why I might find the board and set of pegs?

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:47:53 pm by leamanda »

mart

• View Profile
Re: "Double Cross" wooden board game
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:38:30 pm »
Was this a game that he purchased ??  What did the board look like ??  I have looked and found nothing !!  If it existed it would have been on one of the antique game sites somewhere !! This makes me think that perhaps the name is incorrect !! I have checked all I can think of !!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:45:11 pm by mart »

CuriousCollector

• View Profile

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:52:21 am »
I don`t think thats it CC !! She said it was a wooden board and had pegs !! I even looked at some Canadian games since she said it was local to Wisconsin !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »
I searched all over and all I can find is a popular modern game with that name. ????