Author Topic: China teacups Imperial Bavaria  (Read 1577 times)

pallison

• View Profile
China teacups Imperial Bavaria
« on: September 25, 2004, 02:42:24 pm »
The china tea cups and saucers belonged to my great grandmother.  I know absolutely nothing about china so I would greatly appreciate any information on value, history etc.  
The China is stamped with a green and gold symbol with a crown and what looks kind of like 2 "P"s crossed.  Above the symbol it says "Imperial" and below the symbol it says "Made in Germany".  On the symbol "Bavaria" is printed.  There are 6 cups (4" in diameter) and saucers(6" in diameter), 2 yellow, 2 pink, 1 mint green and 1 lilac. There is also one pink 8" plate.
The colors are not solid, they are darker in color at the top and outer edge and fade into white.  The edges are trimmed in gold.  The cups have a scalloped little bottom matching the edges of the saucers.  There are roses painted on each signed "le Bec".
Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...Paulann

kerrybee

• View Profile
China teacups Imperial Bavaria
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 10:44:39 pm »
I am probably going to kick myself when you find this mark - (of course my drawing may not look like what you're seeing)

But you need to go here:

www.porcelainmarksa ndmore.firmitas.de

It is the ultimate German marks site.  I could not find a crossed P in the Bavaria section BUT, Chris-Simon Marshall who owns/moderates the site will know of it.  E-mail him from the site.  

And signed by the artist too.  Chris can give history - if he can further identify the company, post back and maybe I can help locate your pretty cup/saucer sets.   Best wishes, KB