Author Topic: MART....hope you are safe!  (Read 1505 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
MART....hope you are safe!
« on: April 03, 2012, 10:11:25 pm »
Mart, with all the weather/tornadoes/storms we had in Texas today hope you/yours are safe.  I spent the day in a Costco Refrigeration unit for awhile while all my kids (4 different colleges/schools) were in storm shelters!  We are all safe and just hail damage fortunately!

Let us hear from you!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Re: MART....hope you are safe!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:03:51 am »
Was about to PM you and saw your post !!  Couldn`t get on last night for all the storms !! All is OK here  !!  Glad you and your family are OK too !! Had a few of those twisting boogers last night but worst we got was quarter size hail !! No damage though except a little in my garden !! One tornado was close enough I could see the edge but I don`t know yet if it touched down !! Our road runs couple of miles east and west and ends on FM 1402 and at that intersection they gave the tornado that I saw pass by on local weather !!  Glad all that is done,, for now anyway !!  How did your house fare ?? No damage there I hope !! I didn`t know what town you were in so I couldn`t see what was going on !!
Thanks for checking on me !!  Glad to have friends even if long distance !!

Mart

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »
Glad to hear you're okay!!!

I'm right next to DFW Airport!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
Glad to hear that all of you are OK! KC I hope you were not too cold, that must have been miserable!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 05:56:51 am »
Darn, KC !!  Thats too close for comfort !!  Saw a pic yesterday from that area where hail went through windshield of car !!  I am in Titus county and usually when storms leave your area, they follow I-30 to our area !!  Just thank God all damage was in replaceable stuff !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 12:26:06 pm »
Yepper....the hail gets to be hell around here!  :)  The cold front that came in is amazing...literally one minute you are sweating and the next you want a heavy coat!  Only in Texas!!!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:30:59 pm »
To finish your last sentence,, Only in Texas,, if you don`t like the weather,,just wait a few minutes,,,it will change !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 09:54:46 pm »
That is one of the most honest statements I have ever heard!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 01:30:30 pm »
Yes !!  I can remember going to school one day when I was in junior high wearing a sleeveless shirt and when I got out at noon for lunch,, it was snowing !!  Spring and fall  always have pretty drastic weather changes !!  Good thing is we do have pretty mild winters,, most of the time !!