Author Topic: Chinese Paints & Paint Pot  (Read 1151 times)

55dmo

Chinese Paints & Paint Pot
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:02:59 am »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Chinese Paints & Paint Pot
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:54:32 am »
Looks like a commercial piece from the 70`s !! Oriental painting was very popular here as well as painting on silk !!
Forgot to ask,, is anything on the bottom of the dish and can you post a pic of the dish with top off and just lay the top and bottom side by side and take pic of top and bottom ??
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:32:40 am by mart »

55dmo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:54:21 am »
Thanks very much for helping me out. Here are more pictures, hope this is what you meant.
I put a Canadian quarter beside them for scale.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:16:15 am »
That box must be quite small !!  I am pretty sure I am correct on the approx. date !!  Could even be later but that is close !! Since I used acrylics and oils I never got into it but many were !!  There was a surge in anything oriental in the 70`s including decorating,, ( I did decorate a bedroom in that style ) and many items like your paint pot were sold here and I am assuming in your country too !! I think I do still have one of the brushes, but haven`t looked in years !!  The pot has a glazed foot and shows no age to speak of !!  You only used a limited palette with oriental painting so colors were sold similar to yours in individual pots !!  Not like oils or acrylics where you can buy a full palette !!

55dmo

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 09:22:45 am »
Thanks for all of your help Mart. It's good to know.
(I must have been doing something else in the 70's OH OH!)

Thanks again

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 11:00:45 am »
You can still buy the paints although not in as cute paint pots probably !!  Its never too late to start !!  Those paints were too much like watercolors for me,, I tried WC and didn`t like it  !!