Author Topic: Wedgewood, Hull, & Roseville china  (Read 1955 times)

fritzysinger

• View Profile
Wedgewood, Hull, & Roseville china
« on: August 30, 2004, 07:58:46 am »
I have several Hull and Roseville china pieces and 1 Wedgewood piece.  I would like to know what the value of these pieces are.  Please help!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 04:59:33 pm »
:huh: WE WOULD LIKE TOO, CAN YOU TELL US THE NUMBERS ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR POTTERY.

Guest_fritzysinger

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 09:50:02 pm »
The Hull, which is what I have the most of has no numbers.  They all say Hull, ovenproof, USA on the bottom.  The Rosevelles don't have any markings on the bottom.  One has a crown stamped on the side and USA on the bottom.  They were identified as Roseville by a collector but they couldn't tell me the value.  I only have one Wedgewood and it has some kind of strange stamp on the bottom and under the stamp it says Royal Stone China, Wedgewood & Co.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 09:59:46 pm »
By the way, I also have a Roseville that has no apparent markings anywhere on it.  It's a plain white small pitcher that I was told was purchased several years ago for $85.00.?????? :blink:  

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 05:10:27 pm »
the hull is recent. the roseville I doubt.

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 11:15:32 pm »
and may I add my 50 cents worth?

Usually, and this bears careful watching, the label "wedg(e)wood" , indicates copies from Asian imports.  

and this is where I love this research - "real " Wedgwood does not have the "e" after the "g".  BUT there is a company in Britain long ago that used the W --- WITH  the "e".  

CAUTION:  Not necessarily with Royal Stone China in conjunction.  My conclusion, and I agree with DB, is that your W---ewood, is a late 20th century import.     :(

KB

Guest_Heather

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 02:25:29 pm »
In response to the import suggestion, I have to differ.  If you go to www.thepotteries.or g/mark/w/wedgwoodandco.html  you will see that it truly is from the Wedgwood Company out of England.  From the research I have done many pieces marke like this are from 1850-1902.  There is alot of history of the various Wedgwood brances at that site.  Hope that helps