Author Topic: Storms again !!  (Read 1773 times)

mart

• View Profile
Storms again !!
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:48:59 pm »
Hope everyone in the central states has a safe place to go !!  This one doesn`t sound good !!  KC,, stay safe and watch the weather,, here we go again !!

mart

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Storms again !!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:17 pm »
Yepper....just about time to bunker down again Mart!  Stay safe all!!!   You can always replace THINGS (somewhat) but not PEOPLE!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 05:07:55 pm »
Duck & cover , boys & girls !

Been in one of those Texas hail-storms with the quarter-sized ice cubes ... quite memorable , since I was riding motorcycle on the interstate . Thank goodness for overpasses !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:28:46 pm »
Hey Fancy !!  Where you been ??  Missing your posts here !!  Just watched our local weather and KC looks like not as bad as farther north !!  Supposed to come through here as a squall line with our area getting mostly straight line wind and rain, rain, rain !! I am keeping my fingers crossed for no tornados and no hail !!  My garden looks so good would hate to see it beat to a pulp !!  Fancy keep yourself safe if you are in that bad area !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:54:44 pm »
Stay safe antiquers!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:21:58 pm »
All's great here , mart (Pacific Northwest) & thanx for sayin' ....... nuthin' ta worry 'bout here , ceptin' volcanos & giant intersections/squash'emupins of a couple of plates of the tectonic type ...

Been around the forum BTW , just not had much to add/post to some of the recent postings ...
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 10:00:12 pm »
Mart and KC keep a watchful eye and take care. Just sent a message on to a friend in Pawnee to head for shelter at the first sign of trouble..........yo u two better be planning on doing the same. Stay safe!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 03:52:05 am »
HA, everything is big in Texas, ....... even hail storms.

Holy Hail! Photos, Videos Show Texas Storm's Fury; Drifts 4-Feet Deep
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/04/13/150553921/holy-hail-photos-videos-show-texas-storms-fury-drifts-4-feet-deep

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:32 am »
Wow! I bet it's good to be in the auto body business in Texas today!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 02:23:56 pm »
Yep it is Talesof!  They have people that go out and damage their cars to try and claim hail damage...but a hammer ding does not look like a hail ding...nor does a golf ball...nor rocks (however some rocks would do the trick).  They have hail damage experts here that check for consistent dings because each hail ding wouldn't be!  It is amazing the science that has had to come into play with this!

Mart, earlier it was if someone was literally pouring a bucket.  It was no rain, instantaneous bucket pour, no rain (not even a drop), lightening strike, hail, no rain, then the whole thing over again.  This went on for a hour!  The rain was so hard/fast it was a waste to have down spouts/gutters, they couldn't handle the deluge!

I find storms in Texas fascinating and exciting!  Being raised in FLA we would lay in the yard and watch the storms go over.  Here, you will be beaten with hail, struck by lightening or drown!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 03:27:37 pm »
After all that wind,, we got was a ten minute shower and thats it,,, till the next one anyway !!  Good thing was it cooled things down !!