Author Topic: WRENCH  (Read 1933 times)

Thisoldfarm

• View Profile
WRENCH
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:48:11 pm »
Hi, Can anyone help me out with this? is it a wrench? We are selling it and wondering a fair price to ask. Thank you very much in advance.

mart

• View Profile
Re: WRENCH
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:41:13 am »
Is anything written on the other side ??

Thisoldfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:46:49 pm »
Nothing is on the other side...just the one side that says 172...then that arrow type symbol.  This is from my Grandparents house. We are cleaning it out yesterday and today...found a parlour stove, a wood ironing board, and lots and lots of REALLY really old stuff.  So...this could be from his Dad. not sure.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 05:03:34 pm »
Thisoldfarm , a 'sorta' fair price would be around $20-$25 , depending on condition , esp since many of these wrenches were used as hammers .

Yours is an Adams Leaning Wheel Road Grader Wrench , with the dog-bone foundry logo used by Link Belt Company , in Indianapolis , Ind .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:39:06 pm »
The wood ironing boards were used till the 50`s !! Sounds like neat stuff !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 07:23:22 pm »
Those wooden ironing boards are so smart to hold on to if in good shape.  They are great to have around as an extra table, server, etc.  Nothing like having some family items to pass down that are lightweight and a piece of history!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:36:22 pm »
Right KC !!  And I have seen them painted with scenes and used as art pieces to just lean against a wall !!  Craft people will paint anything !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 03:44:47 am »
I've heard they are also used for displaying quilts on.

Thisoldfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 08:12:35 am »
Thank you so much!!  We have been having a great time looking through things....getting ready to sell all this stuff.  We found some old stock certificates that my grandpa owned w/a NON cashed check for $2.37 (from 1947)!  What a cool thing to find.  Found Bunny boots yesterday! We can't wait to go back in a few days.  This time...bringing the TRUCK! ha ha!  I appreciate everyones help!  I certainly couldn't do this w/out the help!! SO, THANK YOU!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 08:22:17 am »
Just thought "Thisoldfarm" might like to think about some of these ideas before parting with it!

Someone has collected ideas.  I thought the one made into a guitar was very interesting!!! :)
http://firstadream.blogspot.com/2010/08/wooden-ironing-board.html
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!