Author Topic: A Rolling Metal Donut Cutter and A Rolling Metal Biscuit Cutter  (Read 2267 times)

agreeneyes

I believe these to be over 100 years old and rare, I've tried researching them and I'm unable to find any like these.  I've seen some similar ones with patent numbers and makers names made from a different metal and also some with wood handles these appear to have never had handles.  There isn't any makers name or patent number on them.  Does anybody have any idea the date of these and possibly what their value would be, thank you

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Antiqueaholic in recovery

agreeneyes

Re: A Rolling Metal Donut Cutter and A Rolling Metal Biscuit Cutter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:28:18 pm »
the one on etsy I was able find earlier but it's a little different and appears to be newer than mine.  The other one on go antiques looks more like mine, I appreciate all of your efforts.  So it might be safe to say mine dates early 1900s? Thank you

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:47:39 pm »
It might, but it could be later. We're going by the seller's estimate of the date, not knowing what they based that on. It looks like it could be as late as the 1930's or 40's when they produced so many neat kitchen gadgets. I think the thing to do would be to try to find a patent on this one or a similar one.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:55:30 pm »
Looks like there are LOTS of donut cutter patents to look through. I found one from 1961 that looks like it was inspired by ones like yours: http://www.google.com/patents/US2999314?dq=donut+cutter+handle

agreeneyes

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:22:42 pm »
Thank you I'll check that out again appreciate all of your help and information

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »
I make and cut homemade biscuits every morning !!~  I fail to see how that would work !!  Have you tried it ??

agreeneyes

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:50:13 pm »
No I haven't tried it but looking at it and rolling it I can see how it would work and allow the user to quickly cut out donuts or biscuits.  Thank you

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 01:03:19 am »
These are easy to buy and are often listed on ebay etsy craigs list, etc.

They are actually pretty nifty and were used by early bakeries, home cooks, etc.

Very popular in late 30's to 50's.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

agreeneyes

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 07:38:31 am »
I think these are earlier designs because the ones I'm finding are with handles or out of a different kind of metal.  This design might possibly be what later ones were patented from.  Our grandmother had one and on the ranch there were a lot of people to cook for so these tools allowed her make many bisuits or donuts at once, thank you