Author Topic: Rare Marilyn Monroe Pics?  (Read 877 times)

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Rare Marilyn Monroe Pics?
« on: May 09, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »
I found a magazine in an attic where my wife and I lived 25 years ago. It was called American Beauty and was issue number one from 1953. In there was this collage from Marilyn Monroe's first screen test. I rediscovered it recently and was thinking about reproducing and selling it but it is copyrighted.  I do have the photographers name somewhere. I though it would be interesting to someone because I do not think there are many of these in existence. The magazine unfortunately was printed on pulp and is falling apart. I also included a photo of Princess Grace (Kelly) that was in there also because she was so beautiful. To pictures two separate tragedies.  Enjoy

mart

• View Profile
Re: Rare Marilyn Monroe Pics?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »
Check on the copyright laws for printed material !! Could be that the copyright has expired !! And the laws are different for art than printed material and other things !! If the copyright has expired it will  go into public domain and you can reproduce it !! Only problem is photograper has automatic copyright, magazine may have another, unless magazine purchased the pics,, then only one would apply,, the magazine !!  Worth checking !!