Author Topic: Noritake China  (Read 2175 times)

tony641

• View Profile
Noritake China
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:35:48 pm »
My sister and I purchased this a while back.  We don't really know anything about it other than the fact that it looked old and neat.  The first 2 pictures are one one set (minus a couple large plates).  The second 2 pictures are of some loose items from another set that was mixed in.  We are probably going to sell this all.  Can anyone help us out as far as what a fair price would be and what exactly we have, if anything.   Thanks agian.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Noritake China
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:40:48 pm »
That is a mark of the Morimura Bros. who were the largest importer of Noritake before and after WWII. You mark was registered in 1933 and was used until right before the war. I can't, unfortunately, appraise it because I have been out of the business for too long. I am sure someone here will help you there.

Here is a link that has a lot of info.
http://gotheborg.com/marks/noritake.shtml

tony641

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:56 pm »
Thanks for the info. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »
Beat me to it Frogpatch !!  That is correct on approx date !!  Best thing to do is to look up the pattern at replacements.com for value !! It will be higher than what it is sold for on the open market but should give you a good idea of prices of individual pieces !! You will just have to look them up individually then figure the number you have !! But don`t expect to get the price that they have listed !!  However,, if you are going to sell them,, replacements.com and several other places buy sets so you might get a price from them !!  They might want to buy it !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 07:28:02 pm »
How many pieces of each piece and what are the pieces?

As the others were saying...in other words....the prices from Replacements LTD will give you an idea of the selling price from a STORE and RETAIL VALUE.  You/your sister, however, will most likely not realize that price being individuals.  But you can get a ball park.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »
One other thing I forgot to say,, Your set was not made in Japan,, it was likely made in NY !!  That design pat. app. was put on pieces produced after they moved some of the operation to the U.S. !!  Noritake is not a brand as such but is a region on Honshu Island where the factory was located !! That is why it has Japan under the seal !! Noritake, Japan !! 

tony641

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 06:38:34 am »
I want to say there are 10 cups and small size plates.  There are only 2 of the serving size plates.  I don't remember the kinds of other piecse that are included but everything is in the picture. 
The ones with the other design on bottom just has the couple pieces. 

I really appreciate all the help. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 08:25:01 am »
I think that second mark is a little older than the top one !!  Just google "dating Noritake china"  and match the mark !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 12:23:30 pm »
Someone out there has incomplete sets or needs replacement pieces.  Etsy, Ebay, Craigs List...etc.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!