Author Topic: Wings Over The World Popcorn and Toy - Box w/ Collectible Cards [PICS]  (Read 2452 times)

DerekAJ2005

• View Profile
Does anyone have ANY information on what these are or how old they might be? I have googled until I can't google anymore and have found nothing except for a 1936 screenplay called Things To Come which only mentions "Wings Over The World". I'm guessing they are from the 50's or 60's but maybe older? Maybe more recent? My grandpa seems to think the popcorn was unpopped kernels that you would cook on the stove or possibly airpopper (depending on age). Makes sense since the boxes are only about 3-4" tall. The backs of the boxes had 1 collector card of an airplane or war plane with information on it. There was a set of 12. Any information is appreciated!

mart

• View Profile
It looks like the airplanes we had models of late 50`s early 60`s !! Is there a mfrs name ?? Cant read the small print !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Yes Mart they do. I think the one on the front is a Sabre Jet and recognize a couple that my brother built. He joined the Air Force in 1962 and switched to working on real ones. I searched for these two and only found the same question on a trading card forum. There was no answer there either.

DerekAJ2005

• View Profile
It looks like the airplanes we had models of late 50`s early 60`s !! Is there a mfrs name ?? Cant read the small print !!
Unfortunately there is no manufacturer name on here. I'm guessing it was on the top or bottom flap, both of which were cut off so the box would fold the way it did. I am going crazy trying to find information out about it. It is like a small treasure hunt.

mart

• View Profile
I think that question was from the same person as here !!  Wording was the same !!  I have looked for these and have found nothing either. I wondered if they could have been produced for a speciality market ?? Military bases or one of the sales projects for schools, similar to the chocolate bars that some do for band activities !!  Will check on some of those later !!  We are still looking so don`t give up yet !!

DerekAJ2005

• View Profile
I think that question was from the same person as here !!  Wording was the same !!  I have looked for these and have found nothing either. I wondered if they could have been produced for a speciality market ?? Military bases or one of the sales projects for schools, similar to the chocolate bars that some do for band activities !!  Will check on some of those later !!  We are still looking so don`t give up yet !!

Correct, that was me on SCF posting the same thing. I've been a member there for years and usually some people there are pretty good with that stuff. No such luck though. I do appreciate the effort everyone is putting in. I'm still trying as well. Just coming up empty everywhere.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
When I went to the movies as a little kid they would have different promotions when you purchased items - especially at the Kids Matinee on Saturdays.  This reminds me of that type of item that they would give out!

We could get into the Matinee for $.10 cents if we had 10 Pepsi bottle caps. Some of the caps we turned in stunk to High Heaven - we would go to "trashcan alley" and people would put out their caps for kids to get.  Back then the cork on the crown (bottle cap proper name) would absorb smells and YUCK!!!

By-the-way....i miss having the cents sign on a keyboard!!  :(
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Just looked !!  It isn`t on here is it ?? What were they thinking when they designed these keyboards ?? Looked for something else the other day that wasn`t here either !! Wish I could remember what it was !!!

Rauville

• View Profile
Just looked !!  It isn`t on here is it ?? What were they thinking when they designed these keyboards ?? Looked for something else the other day that wasn`t here either !! Wish I could remember what it was !!!

¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢...Look at the "Character Map" on your computer and there are a mind boggling array of symbols and characters available. :o