Author Topic: Norman Rockwell Wall Plaque?  (Read 2722 times)

Quas

• View Profile
Norman Rockwell Wall Plaque?
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:48:33 pm »
I really don't know much about Normal Rockwell but I came across this plaque at a yard sale for around 50 cents and multiple people kept telling me "anything with his name on it is worth at least a little"...I actually liked it and it was only 50 cents but I was just wondering a little more info on it...the wood definitely feels a bit old, I figured it's from the 50's-70's or something...I'm sure it's not worth anything but hey, I need to get rid of a lot of stuff so it was $10-20 or something, I wouldn't complain  :D...just curious on some information about it though!

yellowrose84

• View Profile
Re: Norman Rockwell Wall Plaque?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »
I just did a little search. It is a cover of the Saturday Evening Post and it is called "The Doctor and the Doll" from March 9th, 1929. The model who played the doctor was named Pop Fredericks. Pop was used by Rockwell a number of times as as a cellist, a tourist, a politician, Ben Franklin, Santa Claus and in this case he played a doctor. I'll do some searching but that is all I have for now.

yellowrose84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »
What are the measurements?

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:31:34 pm »
If it's similar to the Rockwell tile plaques on eBay, one sold for $5, and there is one currently offered for $22. The sellers place a date of from mid 70's to 1984 on them.

CuriousCollector

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 06:08:09 pm »
Yeah, it's not all that valuable.  I had one -- a jockey modeled after Eddie Arcaro.  They were very popular in the 70s.  I imagine the solid slab of mahogany mine was mounted on was worth more than the image itself!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
These plaques were hanging in half the doctors offices in America around that time period !! I worked in a Doctors office for 15 years and we had that pic too !!