Author Topic: 45 RPM Records  (Read 1335 times)

debodun

• View Profile
45 RPM Records
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:36:42 am »
I came on a bunch of 45s in parents estate and wanted to know if they have any value. I think they are mainly from the 1950s judging from the artists - Perry Como, Eddy Arnold, the Ames Brothers, Eddie Fisher, etc. Some have dust jackets, some don't. I don't have an exact number, but here are 3 shoebox size boxes of them.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: 45 RPM Records
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:58 am »
There are certain 45s that collectors seek. It is a specialized field. Most of them have little value but some are very rare. If a record sold a million copies, chances are it won't be worth much. Editions with pictures of the artist or group on the jacket are very collectible in many cases but not all  You need to get a book on the subject or talk with a dealer. Old 50s rock and early classic rock are collected especially if they were first recordings by artists that made it later on. I had a DJ version of Not Fade Away by the Stones that was worth around 25 dollars. DJ versions were often colored rather than black Some had little rubber grippers on them. My best advice is find someone knowledgeable. You could not list each one and its condition here Condition is also key     

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: 45 RPM Records
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »
Like frogpatch said - limited collect-ability with record value.

HOWEVER, crafters are nuts over records!  You can decorate with them, melt them into shapes, book ends, etc.  Search record crafts!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!