Author Topic: Teak Living room and dining room question  (Read 3283 times)

Rumor

• View Profile
Teak Living room and dining room question
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:03:06 am »
I JUST posted my furniture which I'm selling on behalf of my great uncle since he's not really into 'that computer stuff', and he's forgiven at the age of 92 :P
I just wanted to get a second opinion since i know many of you are very knowledgeable on teak furniture. This man offered me $4000 on all the pieces in the pictures below (excluding the lamps in all pictures). I've researched and from what I've seen i don't believe it's a bad offer but any advice would be appreciative.

From what I've seen the dinning room table was going from in between 600-1500 (BIG gap), then the credenza 600-900 (although i know my grandparents had it custom made so not sure what that does to the price), then I can't find the couches at all any where, the living room table large $400 and small one $300.

I'm not sure if this changes anything but they are moving everything out themselves :)

Thank You in Advance!!!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Teak Living room and dining room question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:31:28 am »
Rumor, could you post a closer pic of the credenza showing the door/drawer 'handles' as well as the leg detail. I came across a few Arne Vodder that were quite similar, but can't tell the exact shape of those on your uncle's.

Have you checked the furniture (dining set) all over for any marking?

Rumor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:55:57 am »
When i go back to his house on Saturday i'll have to check in depth, i know there are two marks on one chair and that the seat lifts a bit because i made that happen when i was 7. Sorry the pictures i grabbed fast and didn't think i was going to be posting any where but i will def. up date as soon as i can!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:51:18 pm »
I would suggest you hold off on selling till you know for sure !! Some of the Danish modern are through the roof !!

Rumor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:57:23 pm »
I know from researching for a couple of weeks professionals price the sets very high although I'm worried i don't know as much. I'm not sure exactly what I'm suppose to look at. I have the logo on almost all the furniture but other then that I'm hoping online i find something alike.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with my problems!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:59 pm »
I second mart's advice.........hold off until you know exactlywhat you have. You and your great uncle may find yourselves pleasantly surprised. ;)

Rumor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 09:23:13 pm »
I also have to figure out what brand this stereo is, I'll post just in case someone here knows it but i know I'll eventually Figure it out but you all are much more knowledgeable. It's the time crunch of selling since i have till August only to get rid of everything in the house because i have no where to store it but as you all advise this weekend after my midterms i'll have time to research  :).

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
Does that say Silvertone?  If so it was sold by Sears Roebuck.

Unfortunately you see them going for very little nowadays. Many just given away or left at the curb. More of a nostalgia item than one that is going to garner big (or even medium)$$$

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:40:11 pm »
You might want to look into Hans Wegner.

My parents have a lot of his pieces and our dining chairs, coffee table resemble some of their pieces!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Rumor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 12:19:58 am »
Hi Sapphire, I was able to grab some pictures of the credenza hope it gives some hint. (sorry for dim lighting)
That’s sad to know the Stereo is from Sears… although when I looked at the back it says made from Germany so hopefully it’s different?
KC, thanks I did look up some of Hans Wegner pieces and I’m still in the processes of weeding all my great uncles belongings.
Any advice would help greatly!

THANKS  :)

Rumor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 12:58:46 am »
By any chance does anyone know what these lamps are called (orange ones)? I'm trying to look them up and i can't seem to find the exact same kind. My best guess is it's a Rocket Lamp Danish Modern Teak lamp; please let me know if I'm off course in my researching.

I also have this duck lamp ... although i believe i found what it is, please let me know if i got it wrong:

Mid Century Danish Modern Teak Table Lamp and Shade

The only concern i have is I know my great uncle reupholstered the shade which I have no clue if it ruins the lamp itself? Someone's selling it for $170, isn't that to much?

Thanks again!