Author Topic: How much is this Old 1925 Stake Truck Bank worth?  (Read 4696 times)

aDawn

Re: How much is this Old 1925 Stake Truck Bank worth?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 10:50:12 am »
When my grandson was about 12 I threanened him with a spanking for some infraction ( can`t remember what now) and he said he would turn me in for child abuse !!  I grabbed his arm and wore his butt out, then turned him loose and said, go call them !!  Thats the last I heard about child abuse from him !! Also had a run in with a lady in front of me at Burger King,, Had two kids fighting in the seat of a small Nissan PU, I raised my hand and threatened to put them out and make them walk rest of the way home, 1/2 mile, Lady saw me and got out of her vehicle at the drive through window, came back and said she would call the sherriff !! I told her the best thing she could do was get back in her car and mind her own business !!  ( I used to babysit the sherriffs kids) and he was a good friend !! I went home and called him myself,, told him what happened,, he said I guess she would have liked it better if you had a wreck from those two fighting !!

Hahahahaha! Yes, parents live in fear of their children these days. It's sad. I'm only 26 and have no kids yet, but if I do have them they'll know discipline and personal accountability, that's for sure. I weep for the future :/

jag1500

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:54 am »
When my grandson was about 12 I threanened him with a spanking for some infraction ( can`t remember what now) and he said he would turn me in for child abuse !!  I grabbed his arm and wore his butt out, then turned him loose and said, go call them !!  Thats the last I heard about child abuse from him !! Also had a run in with a lady in front of me at Burger King,, Had two kids fighting in the seat of a small Nissan PU, I raised my hand and threatened to put them out and make them walk rest of the way home, 1/2 mile, Lady saw me and got out of her vehicle at the drive through window, came back and said she would call the sherriff !! I told her the best thing she could do was get back in her car and mind her own business !!  ( I used to babysit the sherriffs kids) and he was a good friend !! I went home and called him myself,, told him what happened,, he said I guess she would have liked it better if you had a wreck from those two fighting !!

Hahahahaha! Yes, parents live in fear of their children these days. It's sad. I'm only 26 and have no kids yet, but if I do have them they'll know discipline and personal accountability, that's for sure. I weep for the future :/

Watch this http://www.kgw.com/news/Flash-mob-targets-Troutdale-Albertsons-store-159463245.html

Which way are the kids going these days? What are they really learning? And No fear

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 11:48:15 am »
Can`t watch videos on dial up !! But I have seen similar !
What they are learning is that they can do whatever they want without fear of punishment !!

aDawn

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 08:57:35 pm »
Yeah, those kids are crazy. I know if my patents saw me on that surveillance video they'd have turned me in themselves!

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 01:19:13 am »

For your entertainment, there was a sticker on it for $26.99 and it sold for $17.50 with 10% auction premium. Not a good deal. I am interested in real American products not fake chinesse replicas.

Thanks everyone for their help.

I've sold Danbury Mint and Franklin Mint cars before. They're a quick sell, but for a lot less than what they went for originally. But I'm like you, I prefer quality.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...