Author Topic: oh ok, the Topic is a 1960, mink stole by Ernst Kern, anybody know this name?  (Read 3418 times)

dkk

• View Profile
 I am looking for someone who has an idea of where I can get info on vintage clothing.? A 1950, black/brown mink stole, excellent condition. Made by Ernst Kern, is where I am at today. Cannot find anyone with knowledge on the internet generally.

mart

• View Profile
Your fur was sold by Earnst Kern Dry Goods Co. of Detroit.  I think they sold out in 1957 to a son, and the company was completely out of business sometime in the 60`s.  Furs in general are not worth much mainly because they are out of fashion !! You might get $50. to $75. if you are lucky !!  Sorry !!

dkk

• View Profile
Ok, I am wondering does anybody like wearing mink anymore? In the midwest and east coast furs are WARM?!

mart

• View Profile
Not since the animal welfare groups made furs a no no !!  Seems a bit hypocritical since no one minds leather, boots, belts, car seats and furniture !! Don`t get me wrong,, I am an animal lover but these people have done more to hurt them than help them !! Back to the problem,, why don`t you have it modified and added as a collar and cuffs to a coat for you ??

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Agreed on the hypocricy call.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Agree.  They are readily worn elsewhere. We inherited several gorgeous ones over the years from relatives and will still wear them!!!  The animals have been dead for over 100 years....

Big animal lover.  Don't believe in cruelty.  But even caveman used furs!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
Furs went out of style a while back, and they just haven't made a comeback yet. I live in the People's Republik of Kalifornistan, and I almost got in trouble earlier this year selling some old furs to a reseller in Beverly Hills. Their address was in Hollywood and it is now illegal to import furs into Hollywood. We had to use a different address just so it would be legal!
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Nothing like left fascism in the People's Republik! ;D

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
People are getting so wierd in CA,, all the sane ones (except for you R&RR) are moving to Texas !!  Can you imagine cutting off water from the people that grow your food in order to save minnows ?? Come on,, move the little critters if you like them that well !!  They are bait and will never get longer than two inches !! Wouldn`t make a good Hor d`oerve much less a meal !!  Does this make sense ???  We have lots of minnows in Texas,, we will send them some, but let the farmers grow their crops,, idiots !!
Species die off constantly,, it is necessary and you can not stop it !! Thats how the world is !! If they go extinct,, something else will take their place !!  I am just glad the cave men didn`t think like some of the people in CA do !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
This message brought to you by Mart Soap!

I kid of course.

-Broderick Crawford

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
That's nothing. You should hear mine. ;)
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

mart

• View Profile
LOL  Come on ,, you probably have it better than I do R&RR !!  It just blows my mind how some people think ??  I thought God gave everyone a brain,, but I am thinking he forgot a few !! Kind of like the vegans that want to free all the cows and sheep and various other livestock so they can run free and reproduce !! They might not want to eat meat but give those cattle and sheep a little while and they would have no vegetables either !! They better start to like seaweed !!
OK ,, Off the soapbox !!  Back to work !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
My better half is from CA and I have loads of fun with stories like this.....  But all fun aside, we have become so politically correct which doesn't mean morally right!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
I know that they really believe they are doing the right thing !! But they just don`t stop and think !!