Author Topic: Any one good at dating glassware?  (Read 3426 times)

ACStanley

Re: Any one good at dating glassware?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 02:20:28 pm »
Mart your right, I just need to get more hands on, and I have only been trying to educate myself for less than a year now on the vintage and antique, I love being able to trade thoughts with you guys, and reading the threads, its helping me along wonderfully. Also I see what your saying with phases, you even see that in pop-culture and fashion, I will keep an eye out for the rhythm of repetition and those slight differences...     

Thanks again.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »
Also remember that whatever the similarities,, there are also glitches that follow no rule !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:46:20 pm »
Glass is probably one of the most difficult  antiques to get a handle on!! It all comes with time & as Tales said the more you handle it  the easier it will be! Buy all and any antique books on glass you can find. As mart said " there are also glitches that follow no rule "   Glass is a challenge but my favorite of all!!

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »
I also love glass Wendy - if I could I would take all my furniture out of the living room - line it with curios and china closets and fill them all with different glass!!!  Ahhhh one can dream   :D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »
Kidden me too I just filled one curio with elegant  glass and I  just sit & look at it as it sparkles  in the light!