Author Topic: Siffel Lamps  (Read 5430 times)

koffeebrown

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« on: October 25, 2004, 04:31:58 pm »
I auried 2 stiffle lamps that seem to be very old. I was wondering if they hold any value. Here is the Url for a picture of the lamps.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/42270507653_468.jpg?

koffeebrown

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 04:41:45 pm »
Sorry typo and url error here is the url for images of the lamps.They are in working condition and original lamp shades are still present.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/77043f44/b...fAPYfBBCBRcfEZN

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/77043f44/b...fAPYfBBEtyNFIBh

koffeebrown

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 06:46:51 pm »
Her is an active url for the items that I have listed.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ms_kof...&.src=bc&.view=

kerrybee

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 08:34:33 pm »
please double check spelling for lamp maker     thanks  KB

koffeebrown

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 08:46:17 pm »
Hey I can spell correctly. I happen to have been at work at the time of my post and multitasking. However the name of the lamp company is Stiffel. I hope that is is correct enough for MR/MS STUDIOUS.

Tim

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 09:37:19 am »
Hi Koffeebrown........ ...we are all capable of error. You did spell it two different ways in your original posting. KB was trying to assist you. This is a free forum and none of us who reply are compensated for our time. We do it because we have a love of anitques and collectibles. We also do it because we realize that there are a lot of folks who don't have resources as those of us who do this for a living.
As for your lamps...........Sti ffel is still in existence making lamps. Yours appear to be a pot metal, perhaps 10-30 yrs old. Stiffel lamps sell new for approx. $100-$200..........but on a secondary market would probably realize 1/2 that.
___________________ __
best............... ......Tim

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)  

koffeebrown

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 11:01:08 am »
Hello and thanks to anyone who has assist me with my questions in this forum. I was having a bad day at work and sometimes we have a habit reflecting our fustrations out on the wrong people, So if I offended anyone with my comment I do apologise. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 04:56:27 pm »
:o Hey' tim you'strike me to be a well spoken man' now us'ns just ain't that smart. as you can see from this english,  but  my good man,  you goofed on the word. antiques. I'am sure all in good fun? p.s. kerry is a great gal and sharp as a tack. these appraisal sites would be lost with out her. we just can't go it alone. :o  

Tim

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 05:46:53 pm »
Hi D&B.......Yes, I guess I should have run a spell check on that.

I believe that Kerrybee is an asset to the forums and therefore didn't want her offended. She works hard for the answers.

koffeebrown was just having a bad day and I accept the apology..........ho pe you can do alright with the lamps.

The antique forums can be beneficial for all and I enjoy the questions..........
(it keeps me brain from dryin' out)........and I need all the help I can get.

A good friend will help you move.  

A really good friend will help you hide a body.

Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel.

kerrybee

• View Profile
Siffel Lamps
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 10:09:01 pm »
Hi all and hi guys - not being a snotty at all, but my time is severely limited now that I've (boo hoo and yay also) gone back to work after retirement.  I've had the experience of searching and ------------ not the same product - computers are not smart - they find EXACTLY what you seached for - I do admit ..................

I was in a hurry - hadda' get to work -

No hard feelings to anyone -   :D

Guess that's what they mean when they say slow down and smell the roses!

PS: I'm guessing the lamp is 1950's - - here where I live Victorian is the Queen but Craftsman is the King, Foursquares are catching up.  Everything is retro. Our little city is referred to as a "Museum without Walls".  Lamps like that are popular.   I agree with the prices given - That style is still being made - double check against the new ones to see if yours is solid brass vs a vs plate, and/or if it is a heavier brass than the new ones.  Best wishes, KB